Dr. German Saavedra
German Saavedra O.D.
I love the eye. It is amazing for its intricate anatomical design, as well as its functionality. I started studying the eye in Bogota, Colombia. I then pursued further understanding of this unique part of the body here in Houston. Subsequently, I moved to Boston, MA, where I earned my doctorate in optometry. After over a decade of practicing eye care in Colombia, Ecuador, Boston, New York, and now Houston, I have come to realize that the eye is so much more than an engineering marvel. Its function directly influences a child’s learning experience and school performance. Our sight is a crucial determinant of our career path. As we age, our vision is our independence. I am grateful to each patient for entrusting their eye care to me.
Education and Training
- Doctor of Optometry Degree from New England College of Optometry
- Pediatric / Binocular Vision Certificate from University of Houston
- Optometry Degree from Universidad de la Salle
- Member of American Optometric Association (AOA)
- Member of American Academy of Optometry (AAO)
- Member of Texas Optometric Association (TOA)
Certified Wave designer Corneal molding